Monday, January 30, 2012

"Abortion Revisited"

JMJ.  Just when I think that the culture of death had lost its power to nauseate me any further than it has already done, along comes report of a new chic trend amongst those who have no sense of the value of a human life.  It was reported in the Catholic newsletter "Catalyst" that there is a growing prevalence of an atrocity which results in "pregnancy reduction."  I can't remember the buzz term they've given it but it is the abortion of a baby when a woman is pregnant with multiple children--usually twins.

Now as if it were not enough to burden a woman's psyche with the emotional trauma of having murdered her infant, the medical establishment adds another insult to her shoulders--deciding which child to abort.  If the twins are a boy and a girl, does on murder the heir or his sister?  And what of the possibility that in the future the child learns that he or she has "dodged the bullet?"  I can't think of anything more horrid than the guilt of the survivor!

I'm praying now for a young woman and her husband who are weighing the possibility of aborting their baby because of professional inconvenience.  Talk about conflicted!!  I don't know whether to doubt a couple's humanity or to feel sorrow at their anguish.  Or both.  I'm forever amazed at man's inhumanity to his fellow man--or in this case his or her unborn child.  And then I am forced to face my own culpability in the past when I assisted with these unholy procedures.  Daily I thank God for being so merciful to this poor sinner who has so much trouble forgiving himself.

No comments: