Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prayer

JMJ. I feel the need to share a prayer with you, O unknown reader. I try to say it every day though I sometimes forget. My three favourite are the Lord's Prayer, given us by Jesus Himself, the Ave Maria, a reflection of Holy Scripture, and the Memorare, written by St. Bernard of Clairveaux a thousand years ago. This one I've come up with all by myself (I think) that fills MY needs and states MY feelings. This is my own. Please bear with me.

"Dear Jesus, beloved Saviour, I give Thee thanks and praise for Thy many blessings but particularly for Thy death upon the Cross with hath redeemed all of sinful humanity but especially this poor sinner who seeks only to love and obey Thee. I offer up to Thee this day--with all my hopes, my fears, my joys, and my sorrows, my success, my failures, my aches, pains, frustrations, and small sufferings that I more perfectly conform myself to Thy death upon the Cross that when I stand before Thee in final judgment thou mayest recognise me as Thy brother. I beg forgiveness for the sins which I commit and omit which cause Thee so much pain and sorrow and I beg Thy grace that I may sin no further and that I may become a more perfect disciple for Thee. Amen."

No comments: