Saturday, November 7, 2009

A New Hope

JMJ. I've mentioned before that I am a convert to this wonderful faith. This coming Easter will be my 11th anniversary. In those eleven years I've met some absolutely wonderful cradle Catholics. Bob, Charlie, and Jan Marie are ones that I've mentioned before. (I could mention so many more but that would take an entire page.) I've also met ones who give Catholicism a bad name. These are ones who are Catholic in name only--who have embraced, if not the name, at least the philosophy of the Protestants.

These are the ones who believe that women should be priests, that abortions are a woman't right, and that homosexuals deserve the right to marry. In short, they feel that God's only fault is that He failed to ask their opinions on things. By and large, these are older folks. Folks of my generation or a little younger who grew up on the idea that all ideas are created equal.

The mature know that this is not the case. Two plus two never equals 3.75 no matter how much we wish it were so. You get my drift. Well, I met a bunch of committed young folks who renewed my faith that Christ makes all things new. A group from the local college's Newman Center raked and blew our leaves today. They asked only for a donation over $10.00. All I asked is that none of them ever worked to elect a Democrat. The young lady in charge pointed at a nearby young man and herself and said, "Here's two who didn't." Thanks be to God. The world (and this jaded writer) are continually renewed. (BTW, they did a great job and I gave 'em $75.--They deserved every bit of it.)

No comments: