Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Holy Ghost Delivers

JMJ. As I have told some of my dearest friends, I pray daily for a major moral miracle which would inaugurate the reigns of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Most Immaculate Heart of Mary. I didn't think of this--my buddy Charlie did. It's worth praying for. And I try to do it as often as I can.

It doesn't happen every day that our prayers are answered but every once in a while (as Charlie is wont to say,) He gives us a little "peck on the cheek" and shows us how we might have "helped" Him. This was one of those occasions. Charlie told me about the "Manhattan Declaration" which is, in a spiritual sense, a declation of independence for the soul of America. We drew a line in the sand and said, "This is what I believe and beyond this I will not go!"

I challenge all who read this site (and I know you are few) to go to their website,

http://manhattandeclaration.org

to peruse the statement in its entirety. You can also access a list of all those notables, Catholic, Orthodox, and evangelical Protestant, who have affixed their names to this document just as blatantly as did John Hancock to his.

This is a watershed, folks. A "stand-up-and-be-counted" time. Do we align ourselves with Christ and His teachings or do we side with the culture of death? You decide.

No comments: