Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Light on the Hill

JMJ. The light on the hill is a lighthouse. Lighthouse Catholic Media, that is. When I started these screeds at my friend Charlie's behest I had had no idea that I'd ever be endorsing a product. Well, hundreds of products, actually. Our Lord commanded us to be a beacon that all might find His truth. There are a number of beacons that I've found over my ten years in the Catholic Church. This one may well be the most concentrated as it's composed of so many of my favourites.

Two weeks ago our administrator (who replaced the retired Fr. Keller) announced from the ambo in place of his homily that a series of CD's from Lighthouse Catholic Media (appropriately enough ) would be available for sale between Masses and from a small display kiosk thereafter.

Ok, thought I. I'll take a look but I'll bet they're the usual new-age type stuff. Admittedly, our new administrator seems to be faithful to the teachings of the Church but one never knows. I was blown away at the list of speakers available--several by Scott Hahn, Fr. John Corapi, Archbishop Fulton Sheen, and Peter Kreeft to name but a few!

Alright, I'll invest $20, thinks I. That bought me seven different titles. You won't get that deal on the web-site. CD's or MP-3 down-loads range between 3 and four dollars apiece. Our bunch were gone before the after the last Mass. More were ordered. They're most gone, too. People will just suck up the truth!

Visit these folks at their web-site, plead with your pastors to provide access to this series, get these CD's into the hands of family, friends, and even strangers. It's close to what it must have been like to sit at the feet of the apostles. You will learn more about the truth of our Catholic faith in just a few minutes than you ever thought there was to learn. Guaranteed. Let me know what you think.

No comments: