Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ashes to Ashes

JMJ. My beloved mother passed away this last Wednesday at the age of 84. She was an amazing woman. I find it hard to grieve for her, though. I have absolute faith in Christ's Divine Mercy as communicated to us through St. Maria Faustina. Soon after learning of her death, I prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Mom was not a dumb person and in response to our Lord's offer of His Mercy I'm sure she answered with an emphatic "yes!" She resides, I'm sure, beyond a thin veil which separates our life from those who have gone before us. As surely as I write these words I know that she hears me give her my thanks for the life she gave me and the love which saw me through so many dark spots in my life. Through His grace, Mom, one day I hope to greet thee again. I love you now and will always do so. Thank you for everything. Your loving, Jimmy.

No comments: