Sunday, March 8, 2009

Confederate

JMJ. I have written so much about what it means to be Catholic and how being so colours our thoughts and words and deeds. But as yet, so many months after starting this blog, I have not yet written about what it means to be Confederate. There is Truth and there is truth. The first exists, as does God. The second exists only in relation to our surroundings, our thoughts, the world around us, what we have been taught.

I grew up in the north. I was schooled in the north. My values were those of the north. Until I was 45, I never would have guessed that my truth was falsehood and that the Truth existed outside my ken. Just as I never would have guessed that Truth existed only in the Holy Catholic Church. I was taught that the north was right, that Lincoln freed the slaves, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

The Truth is that that the South was right, that she fought to preserve that which was given to us by the Constitution, and that what we have now we can ascribe to the arch-fiend, Lincoln. He it was who plotted the demise of the Confederacy before he was sworn into office, he it was who invaded a legally-seceded South, he it was who betrayed our founding fathers. Of this I am as convinced as I am as that the Catholic Church is true Christianity. This has been proven to me and I am happy to proclaim it. Gloria Deo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)