Saturday, May 25, 2013

"Walking the Dog"

JMJ. 

Every night I do the same things--I give our boy Tully (the ferret) his medication, I put him in a carry-sack around my neck, and then he and I walk Linus.  Linus gets to smell other dogs and water the trees, Tully gets a ride and the smell of the outdoors in his nose, and I get a little exercise.  At midnight it's a peaceful and serene time. 

It's been cloudy here in Berea the last few nights and generally rainy, too.  Imagine my surprise when I exited the garage and was met with a comparatively well-lit neighborhood.  I had completely forgotten the imminence of a full moon!  There she was, hanging brightly above the branches of a nearby maple.  The moon was so bright that the night was a supernal indigo.  Like a lens will focus and burn a hole in a piece of paper during the day, the majesty of our Blessed Mother seemed to have burnt a huge hole in the very fabric of the sky.

From where She might be seated next to Her Son, She had focused and reflected His Divine Light upon a hushed world.  Wow!

No comments: